40:21
Total Size: 105 MB
105 MB[/center]
Tracklist:
1. Tore Up (3:30)
2. Clock Don't Tick (5:07)
3. Nite Before Pay Day (3:17)
4. Not In The Begging Business (4:51)
5. Somebody Changed My Sweet Baby's Mind (3:51)
6. Dark End Of The Street (5:24)
7. Hit The Nail On The Head (3:06)
8. I Intend To Take Your Place (3:56)
9. Darlin' You Know I Love You (3:17)
10. I'm Mean (4:48)
Citace:
Whether it's blues, soul, or something midway between the two, White does a fine job throughout this disc. Travis Haddix, once White's Ichiban labelmate, contributes three nice tunes, Bob Jones a couple more, and White dips into past triumphs by B.B. King, Ike Turner, James Carr, and Little Milton for the rest.

Artie 'Blues Boy' White
Tracklist:
1. I'm Gonna Marry My Mother-In-Law (4:49)
2. Hot Wired My Heart (3:54)
3. There's Nothing I Wouldn't Do (3:52)
4. When You Took Your Love From Me (3:32)
5. Willie Mae Don't Play (4:20)
6. I've Been Shackin (3:08)
7. Did Alright By Myself (4:17)
8. Ain't Nothing You Can Do (5:36)
9. I'd Rather Be Blind, Crippled And Crazy (3:23)
10. All In The Open Now (3:25)
Citace:
Artie "Blues Boy" White (vocals); Big Mike Griffin (guitar, guitars); William Thomas (guitar); William Andrew Thomas (guitars); Jim Horn (flute, alto saxophone, baritone saxophone); Harvey Thompson (tenor saxophone); Jim Williamson (trumpet); Charles Rose (trombone); Clayton Ivey (keyboards); Bob Babbitt (bass instrument); Paul Lee (drums); Valeria Kashimuri, Jewel Bass, Thomisene Anderson, Valeria Kashimuri (background vocals).
Very few Chicago blues artists were able to pierce the R&B charts during the 1970s, when interest in the genre was at rock-bottom. But smooth-voiced Artie "Blues Boy" White managed the rare feat with his 1977 single for Altee, "Leanin' Tree."
Gospel was White's initial musical pursuit. He sang with a spiritual aggregation, the Harps of David, at the age of 11 prior to coming to Chicago in 1956. More church singing was in store for White with the Full Gospel Wonders. The singer claims that he was lured into singing the devil's music by a well-heeled gent who drove up to an unsuspecting White in a flashy Cadillac and promised him $10,000 to record some blues songs!
White's '70s singles for PM and Gamma stiffed, but with the advent of "Leanin' Tree," White was able to command a nice asking price on the Chicago circuit (and still does). For a while, White tried his hand at running a blues club, Bootsy's Lounge. But performing and recording won out; White waxed a terrific debut LP in 1985 for Shreveport-based Ronn Records called Blues Boy.
White signed with Ichiban in 1987 and waxed six fine sets in the soul-blues vein (enough to merit a Best Of CD in 1991, which made seven), utilizing Chicago songwriter Bob Jones (the composer of "Leanin' Tree") and labelmate Travis Haddix as chief sources of material. On 1989's Thangs Got to Change, White enjoyed the presence of Little Milton Campbell, one of his prime influences, on lead guitar. A move to the Waldoxy label resulted in 1994's Different Shades of Blue.

Artie 'Blues Boy' White

Jen registrovaní uživatelé mohou vidět odkazy v code. Přihlaste se nebo zaregistrujte ZDARMA.

Jen registrovaní uživatelé mohou vidět odkazy v code. Přihlaste se nebo zaregistrujte ZDARMA.

Naposledy upravil ajta dne 20 zář 2017, 09:50, celkově upraveno 2
smazány mrtvé linky

25 srp 2016, 14:54

Všechny časy jsou v UTC + 1 hodina